Philanthropy Circuit is an organization set to influence a new narrative and understanding of African homegrown giving and development. If you are interested in joining us please apply here.
To deliver on its mission, Philanthropy Circuit produces and amplifies new content, data, and insights to drive and influence a new narrative and understanding of African home-grown giving and development.
Philanthropy Circuit continually seeks Africa-focused development contributions on leading practices and emerging issues in development.
What sort of Content is Philanthropy Circuit looking for?
Philanthropy Circuit welcomes content ( op-eds, articles, reports, whitepapers, etc) related to one or more of the following areas
- Social impact and progress on the SDGs
- Trends in development & philanthropic practice
- Insights across social thematic areas: advocacy, gender, social justice, education, youth, democracy, governance, civic rights etc
- Features on local development stakeholders showcasing locally-led initiatives and impact
- Op-ed reflections on local, regional, and/or national challenges and opportunities for social impact
- Systems change, shifting power processes and reimagining the international development system
- Community philanthropy
- Cultures of giving and generosity
The content you contribute positions you to;
- Build thought leadership in African philanthropy
- Contribute to a growing body of data on African philanthropy that advances development research and knowledge-sharing
- Access a global network of readers including academia, nonprofits, donors and key development stakeholders
- Contribute to Philanthropy Circuit’s online knowledge library
Content Contributors may submit pieces within their area of expertise following the Philanthropy Circuit Editorial Guide. Contributors will be notified of next steps once submissions have been reviewed by the Editorial team (usually within 2 weeks)
For further clarification, please contact [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your work.
We are looking to employ a design intern to join our team. This role requires an energetic, dedicated, and detail-oriented person. This individual is a team player with a willingness to learn and the ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
The volunteer graphic designer is tasked with supporting Philanthropy Circuit’s digital communications strategy through the creation of visual, and motion designs.
- Design clear engaging graphic templates for print and web. This will include marketing/communication brochures, posters, flyers, surveys, infographics, reports, featured content, and announcements where relevant.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to translate messaging concepts into marketing materials. Assist the Director of Communications with other projects within the organization.
- Create global campaigns, national and international holidays designs
- Updating the template style for News, Grants, Opportunities, Reports, Events, and featured content for email, social media, and website use.
- Supporting the Communications Officer with creatives for the content calendar.
Skills and Qualifications
- The preferred degree of study in marketing, advertising, graphic design, or closely related field
- The Individual should be able to craft and execute a vision with creativity and style
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration with team members
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design applications
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, task-oriented, and creative with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Desire to serve in a non-profit working environment
Time and Commitment Requirement:
8-10 hours/week, including weekly planning meetings with the Communication officer
How to Apply
Kindly use the form below
The Program Coordinator will drive and support Philanthropy Circuit’s overall strategy & operations, and implement programs to help achieve the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Scale operations and deepen the impact of our philanthropy, strategic pillars, and development-focused research.
- Capitalize on opportunities and engagements to expand the organization’s local, regional, and international network.
- Identify new sponsorship, resource, and partnership opportunities for the organization.
- Engage with key development stakeholders, NGOs, Government Agencies, and international thought leaders to create new, scalable partnerships across sectors.
- Develop and host social sector events to create networking and partnership opportunities for Philanthropy Circuit.
- Implement and manage organizational operations, changes, and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Produce accurate knowledge management and reporting of programs.
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in humanities, or social sciences (Master’s degree preferable).
- At least of 3 years of development sector experience in program design and delivery, fundraising, and experience managing teams.
- Familiarity with the African philanthropy ecosystem and an ability to strategically identify, develop and manage partnerships.
- Project management skills, and proficiency using MS Office and Google Workspace Apps
- Strong research, analysis, and writing skills, and an awareness of best practices in non-profit media
- Communication and presentation skills; be able to create & deliver presentations, plan, coordinate and facilitate events.
How to Apply
Kindly use the form below