The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is accepting nominations for its Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to encourage young people to undertake scientific careers and make their work more visible to the community and society.
This is the first edition of the Prize, which recognizes the achievements of young people that are conducive to socio-economic transformation and development on a global scale while also increasing the interest of young people, particularly girls and women, in science so as to promote gender equality, scientific literacy and the choice of a scientific career.
- The Prize is awarded to candidates for their significant achievement/contribution to:
- Research in the STEM including the emerging technologies or;
- STEM education, dissemination of research findings, as well as creativity and innovation or;
- International or regional cooperation in STEM.
- Candidates must be less than 40 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- Candidatures of young women scientists are encouraged.
- Nominations must be completed in full in English or French.
- No self-nomination shall be considered.
Grant size: $10,000 to $100,000
Deadline: November 15th, 2022