Every year The United Nation’s World Food Programme [WFP] hosts multiple Innovation Challenge campaigns with particular themes, encouraging people to apply with innovative ideas in line with these challenges. There is a rolling application process to accept and review applications multiple times throughout the year.
Are you a Start-Up or an established Company? Do you have an innovation that can end hunger? Then you should apply for this.
They are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Grant size: $100,000
Deadline: September 30, 2022