This international contest is open to entrepreneurs offering innovative responses to the challenges facing African agriculture to showcase their solutions to the plant nutrition industry. The IFA and UM6P judges will evaluate applications based on the competition criteria including impact, innovation and applicability to African smallholder farmers.
Startups from around the world are invited to apply online in one of the following five categories:
- Soil health and plant nutrition solutions to protect and improve soil fertility as well as adaptive mechanisms for nutrient release and plant uptake.
- Advisory and information services for farmers to improve crop yield and quality as well as farm profitability.
- Market access solutions that enable African smallholder farmers to reach off-takers or end consumers as well as suppliers of seeds, fertilizers, equipment and crop protection products.
- Supply chain services for farmers, agribusinesses and cooperatives to better manage their relationships.
- Financial services for African smallholder farmers, including savings, payments, credit, insurance and crowdfunding services.
Grant size: €20,000
Deadline: November 30th, 2022