This Is Cool Challenge is now open to youth-led sustainable cooling solutions that can help deliver on one or more of the three cooling needs:
- Human comfort and safety: passive or active personal, space or urban cooling
- Food, nutrition, and agriculture: agricultural cold chain
- Health services: vaccine and medical cold chain
Initiatives may be in the ideation or implementation stage and should demonstrate potential for impact in terms of improving affordability and increasing access to sustainable cooling through one or more of the following areas passive and nature-based cooling solutions, renewable-based cooling solutions, and energy-efficient cooling solutions
- Entries may be submitted by individuals or groups of up to 5 individuals, all under 35 years of age.
- Preliminary entries submitted by 30 June 2022 will receive additional guidance and support prior to the final submission**.**
- All final entries must be submitted by 30 August 2022 through the Entry Submission Form in English or French.
- Three teams will be shortlisted to present live at COP 27 (TBD), where the winner will be announced.
- Three teams will receive a cash prize and further support from the competition sponsors.
Grant size: USD 3,000, USD 2,000, USD 1,000
Deadline: August 30, 2022