The Australian High Commission Republic of Kenya is seeking applications for the Direct Aid Program (DAP) to support eligible groups or organisations undertaking suitable small-scale development projects.
The Australian High Commission will fund projects in the following focus areas:
- Combating climate change and supporting the environment
- Countering violent extremism
- Skills development and economic empowerment
- Support for vulnerable groups, notably women and girls, youth, and people with disabilities
- Projects must be located in one or more of the countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Projects must have defined, realistic objectives and clear outcomes.
- Projects must be self-sustaining and recurrent/ongoing costs will not be supported (e.g. salaries/rental/utility costs, micro-credit schemes, or any other project that involves the return of money, etc.). Projects that demonstrate a high level of local involvement or partnership with other like-minded organisations (financially and/or in-kind) are encouraged.
- Organisations that received funding in both the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 rounds are ineligible for funding in 2022-2023.
Grant size: $25,000 – $60,000
Deadline: December 22nd, 2022