The European Commission (EC) is pleased to announce the proposals for Efficient and Circular Artificial Photosynthesis.
Development of novel artificial photosynthesis technologies, which allow for improved efficiency of light harvesting, conversion to electrochemical potential, and energy fixation to carriers with strictly implementing circularity by design and efficient use of carrier and (photo)catalyst materials through novel photoelectrochemical or bio-based (bio-hybrid) or biological pathways for solar fuel production with increased efficiency in comparison to light and dark reactions of natural photosynthesis.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e
- the Member States of the European Union, including their outermost regions;
- the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- eligible non-EU countries:
- countries associated with Horizon Europe;
- low- and middle-income countries.
Grant size: $500,000 – $1 million
Deadline: January 10, 2023