The Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL, or the Department), announces the availability of funds for 1 cooperative agreement to fund Phase I of a technical assistance project in West Africa to improve action by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Commission and ECOWAS Member States to combat child labor, with a focus in agriculture.
The two phases of the project will aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Increased capacity of ECOWAS to implement the ECOWAS Regional Action Plan to eliminate child labor.
- Outcome 2: Increased mobilization of ECOWAS Member States to implement National Action Plans to eliminate child labor.
- Outcome 2.1: Improved legislative, policy, and enforcement environment for enabling national action to address child labor.
- Outcome 2.2: Increased action by communities to develop and implement Community Action Plans to reduce child labor in agriculture.
- Outcome 2.3: Increased access to education, livelihoods, or other forms of social protection in agricultural communities.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- U.S. organizations:
Nonprofits, including any faith-based organizations, or community-based organizations
Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
Private Institutions of Higher Education
- For-Profit organizations
Non-U.S. Entities, including Public International Organizations [PIOs],
Grant size: $4,000,000
Deadline: October 7th, 2022