In 2021, 89 million people worldwide were forced to flee their homes due to conflicts, natural disasters, fear of persecution, and human rights violations. As new refugee crises emerge, and as existing ones reignite or intensify, the need for action is now.
The Global Refugee Challenge is designed to enable young people (18-30 years) to explore, start and grow ideas that will help create a settled future for refugees.
They are looking for ideas, projects, and business solutions that will support refugees and enable them to rebuild their lives. We welcome ideas at any stage and from anywhere in the world
The Global Refugee Challenge is open to anyone aged 18 to 30 years old, from any country. They are particularly interested in solutions that provide:
- Rapid response to the need for food, shelter & supplies.
- Safe & welcoming spaces for people to stay.
- Cultural orientation, language, and other support to settle.
- Timely information and psychological support.
- Opportunities for refugees to get involved & integrate locally.
- Access to education, training, and economic opportunities.
Grant size: $10,000
Deadline: November 9th, 2022