Apply to Food Systems Accelerator program to receive tailor-made support as well as access to finance to bring your innovations to scale.
Climate change continues to pose a real threat to food production in East and Southern Africa (ESA). Lack of resilience to climate change, fragmented agri-food value chains, a growing population, food shortages, and rising food prices are further undermining food and nutrition security.
The CGIAR Food Systems Accelerator aims to support agribusinesses in scaling their climate-smart innovations. These innovations are aimed at agrifood actors to solve pressing problems in the value chains and contribute to stronger and more sustainable food systems.
- The business should be officially registered and compliant with regulatory authorities. Please provide the following:
- A Certificate of Incorporation for a Limited Company or Partnership Deed for a Partnership Business.
- 2 years audited accounts.
- Contact details of company’s references.
- Team composition.
- Curriculum Vitae for management team.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- A clear inclusive strategy for smallholder farmers, women, and youth within the business model in at least one of the following dimensions: ownership, management team, workforce and policies, supply chain, and customers.
- Applicants must be a for-profit company and demonstrate commercial viability and either be profitable or on the path to profitability. NGOs, corporate companies, and consultants will not be considered.
- Operating in the following countries: Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
Grant size: $10,000 to $100,000
Deadline: December 22nd, 2022