David Weekly Foundation through the Acceleration Portfolio intends to invest in African organizations with annual budgets under $500,000 USD; organizations that are deeply rooted in their communities, have enterprising leadership, and have the ambition to grow their impact.
By pairing unrestricted funding with capacity support, our goal is to help organizations to lay the groundwork they need to access greater opportunities and funding.
- Organizations that fit the Acceleration Portfolio criteria will have:
- An annual expense budget under $500,000USD/year, usually under $300,000USD/year
- At least two years of continual operation
- An official government non-profit/NGO registration in their country of operation
- An official, governing Board of Directors
- A focus on one of the foundation’s four priority sectors: health, livelihoods, justice, or education (early education, primary or secondary).
Grant size: $15,000USD or $25,000USD
Deadline: June 30, 2022