UNDRR invites not profit-making organisations to submit grant proposals to strengthen the Africa Network Excellence for DRR. In the current phase/present grant, priority will be given to weather and climate-driven hazards and related impacts, including on water resource management, flood management, and food security.
UNDRR aims to facilitate the creation of the cooperation mechanism to facilitate the cooperation between academia and institutions, to provide technical-scientific knowledge and capacity building to inform the decision-making process and policy development.
UNDRR issues grants, in line with UN Financial Regulations and Rules to apolitical and non-profitmaking organisations to facilitate, implement, or carry out activities related to UNDRR’s and the partner’s mandates and work programmes.
UNDRR may request organizations to refund, either in part or in whole any amounts paid in respect of a grant when:
- the project was not implemented in full or in part;
- the grant was spent for ineligible expenditures other than those mentioned in the budget proposal submitted to, and approved by UNDRR;
- no narrative, financial or audit report was submitted within the deadline established by the grant agreement;
- a narrative report and/or a financial report submitted was determined to be unsatisfactory;
- a negative evaluation of the project by UNDRR;
- Any other valid reason provided by the UNDRR.
Grant size: USD750,000
Deadline: August 2nd, 2022