Abilis Foundation can fund projects that are in line with the strategy of Abilis. Both content and target group (participants ) must follow the Abilis funding principles.
Abilis Foundation can fund:
- Training, material production and dissemination on Human Rights of persons with disabilities
- Translation of the United Nations Convention on the – Rights of Persons with Disabilities into local languages, material production and dissemination and training on the Convention and related issues
- Basic education and vocational training
- Employment and income generation activities
Independent living and participation
- Organizational work, capacity building of organizations
- Projects supporting children, girls and women with disabilities
Abilis Foundation provides funding based on applications. New applications are accepted only from the Abilis focus countries and fragile states named below. Priority is given to those activities and groups that are described in the strategy. Grassroots level groups, as well as those organizations that have never received funding from Abilis are encouraged to submit their applications.
Democratic Republic of Congo
Grant size: Subject to proposal