The European Commission (EC) is inviting proposals for strengthening the role of Civil Society in Digital Multilateral and Multistakeholder Models.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote EU values-based human-centric digital transformation through the multilateral system, whilst supporting the EU’s vision of multi-stakeholderism as a model to help shape the global narrative.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- to enhance in-depth long-term participation and cooperation of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in multilateral- and multistakeholder- fora, with regards to digital development, Internet Governance, digital rights and principles, standards-setting and inclusion; and
- to enhance “Global-North – Global-South” cooperation of CSOs, inter alia, also targeting women’s organisations and gender equality issues and strengthening CSO capacities to allow more efficient engagement on a national, regional, and global scale.
- Lead applicant (1) In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- Be a legal person and
- Be non-profit-making and
- Be a non-governmental civil society organisation (CSO) (please note that the Evaluation Committee will take into consideration the different legal forms of registration in the respective countries, for which the applicant should attach a justification)
- Be established in:
- EU Member States, beneficiaries listed in the relevant Annex to the IPA III Regulation and contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area;
- Neighbourhood partner countries when the relevant procedure takes place in the context of the programmes of the NDICI-Global Europe regulation in which it participates;
- Developing countries and territories, as included in the list of ODA recipients published by the OECD Development Assistance Committee, which are not members of the G-20 group, and overseas countries and territories; and
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
Grant size: 7,500,000 (EUR)
Deadline: February 14, 2023