Anglo American, through the Anglo American Foundation, is inviting suitably qualified nonprofit organizations (NPOs) or academic institutions to submit proposals that support a nature positive future. The organizations should be based in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe. For more information on the application process,
Through this grant, Anglo American is looking to support projects that:
- Focus on at least three of the following ten core Nature Positive activities:
- conservation of priority of species (vertebrates and/or plants) which are listed as Data Deficient (DD), Critically Endangered (CR), Endangered (EN); or Vulnerable (VU) in terms of the IUCN Red List (Global status is preferred but not essential),
- conservation of priority habitats,
- restoration of priority habitat,
- priority species recovery,
- improvement of ecosystem services,
- sustainable livelihood programmes,
- collaboration and support to institutions and conservation authorities,
- contribute to national and/or regional conservation plans and targets,
- contribute to scientific knowledge, and/or
- build local in-country capacity and resources.
- Are located in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia or Zimbabwe.
- Span between ten and thirty-six months.
Grant Size: USD 50,000 – 250,000
Deadline: July 31, 2021