The United States African Development Foundation and Citi Foundation invites applications from African owned social ventures to apply for their latest grant.
- All non-governmental sectors
- Venture must be African-owned and -managed, based in, and operating in Kenya, Uganda, or Senegal
- One application allowed per business that is no more than US$10,000
What they are looking for:
- Viability of the proposed business or social venture.
- Proven success, including the applicant’s related experience and ability to execute.
- Impact — the potential for impact and a demonstration of how the venture will improve and change underserved and at-risk communities in which the grants are implemented, especially displaced people, child soldiers, young women, youth, and any other locally marginalized groups.
- Unmet Need — The degree to which the venture addresses unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
- Sustainability — How sustainable is the venture and/or organization? “Donor dependent” organizations will not be selected.
Up to US$10K in funding is available for social ventures that are:
- 100% African-owned and -managed
- Working with underserved and at-risk communities
Grant Size: USD 10,000
Deadline: November 17, 2021