About the Fellowship
The Youth in Development Boot Camp and Fellowship provide civic leaders with skills and tools to start and effectively lead social change initiatives. Most of the Alumni of this program have gone ahead to create viable and highly impactful social ventures that are transforming the social-economic landscapes of their communities. Sozo Networks and the IMPACT Toolbox is happy to host outstanding young Africans in this unique professional development experience. The IMPACT Toolbox is proudly supported by Rustandy Center for Social Innovation at the Chicago Booth Business School, Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago, and Appalachian State University, Booth North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Have an idea or initiative for social change
- Be between the ages of 18-30 on or before the application deadline
- Be a citizen of an African country and reside in the continent
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be available to attend a 3-day boot camp online
- Willing to step down training to at least ten (10) other people
Fellows would attend a 3-day boot camp. During this transformative learning experience, participants will hone their leadership skills and acquire knowledge on leading sustainable social change. These hundred (100) young leaders would have the unique opportunity to learn directly from social change leaders with exceptional track records and academics from across the world. Participants would become a part of the Impact Toolbox and Sozo Networks’ formidable network of social change leaders. At the end of the boot camp, each participant will submit an action plan and a social venture idea proposal that reflects what they have learned. YID Fellows will be selected from this pool and will engage in a 6-month professional development program during which they will enjoy the following through the Impact Toolbox:
- Free access to over nine online courses that cover every part of social venture creation and management.
- Opportunity to pitch for prototype funding
- Exclusive mentorship and one-on-one strategy sessions
- Connection to peer collaborators from other parts of the world
- Exclusive networking opportunities
Deadline: December 8, 2022