Through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa, Google is supporting early-stage, Black-founded startups on the continent and seek to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape. The non-dilutive $4M fund is allocated across a pipeline of 60 investable startups in Africa.
Eligibility Requirements for Google for Startups Funds
Startups must be:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs, able to show growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
Grant size: Up to $100K in equity-free cash will be awarded to each startup. Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000.
Deadline: May 31, 2022