The award recognizes young people’s endeavour to be effective and productive citizens, contributing to the welfare of their communities and environment, as well as institutions that improve the enabling environment and infrastructure for youth to make an impact.
The Kingdom of Bahrain offers a set of initiatives in the field of youth empowerment and skills development stemming from the Kingdom’s great faith in youth as the engine of developmental processes and the purpose of development.
Each of the possible 5 awards will recognize a unique and successful development initiative by youth in one of the 5 key aspects of sustainable development covered in Agenda 2030, namely:
- People: Ending poverty and hunger in all forms;
- Prosperity: Ensuring prosperous and fulfilling lives in harmony with nature;
- Planet: Protecting our planet’s natural resources and climate for future generations;
- Peace: Fostering peaceful, just and inclusive societies; and
- Partnership: Forging solid partnerships to implement Agenda 2030.
Grant Size: USD20,000.
Deadline: 1 July 2022