UN Women in collaboration with Her Excellency Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa have put together the Global Award for Empowerment, to encourage and promote national, regional and international efforts aimed at empowering women and enhancing their role as an equal partner towards sustainable development.
Under the Civil Society stream, awards will be made for selected projects that:
- Launch initiatives / programs that aim to empower women and ensure the sustainability of their participation in the labor market.
- Launch / implement development programs to empower women economically / socially, to be value-added members of society.
- The institution’s ability to take part in advocacy groups guided by public opinion in a way that positively reflects on the status of women and future generations.
- Contribute to building a national knowledge system in the field of women empowerment with the aim of contributing to developing further social awareness in relation to women and their role.
- The ability to adopt and provide innovative services and options in support of women and the family.
Grant size: USD 100,000
Deadline: 31 March 2022