CIVICUS is seeking 1 young inspiring changemaker from each country to form the first-ever Youth Ambassadors community, creating a global community of +150 activists ready to instill social change. As a YAP member, you will be volunteering for a global network that is trailblazing the field of youth engagement in civil society and improve your skillset in social transformation, community building, and intercultural communication. Empowered by your experience and strengthened in your capacity to implement cooperative action globally, you can take your activism to the next level.
● Must be aged between 18 – 30 years of age by 30th of October 2021.
● Being a member of (a) youth-led or youth-serving organization(s), group(s),
collective(s), network(s), or movement(s) -with at least 2/3 of their leadership under 30
years old-, that are advancing social, environmental, cultural, political, and/or economic
● Affiliated with a national youth civil society network.
● For communication purposes, candidates must have intermediate oral and written skills
in English, Spanish, or French as the Ambassadors meetings will be conducted in these
languages. Selected candidates will be given support to take part in meetings and be able to
● Being able to work remotely, ensure internet access, and be reasonably proficient in
worldwide communication technologies (e-mails, Zoom, WhatsApp, social media, etc.).
● Be available and accessible to attend conference calls with the YAP and CIVICUS and
be able to avail themselves for team activities up to 4 – 8 hours per month.
● Actively engaged in (a) national youth network(s)/movement(s) that has/have the
potential for engaging young people and creating meaningful engagement for them.
● The applicant is open-minded, embraces diversity, and shows an intercultural
● Demonstrates experience and passion to mobilise networks and causes using effective
communication, storytelling, and data.
● Demonstrates knowledge of the issues faced by youth in their region and has an
interest in spreading them.
● You demonstrate experience and curiosity to connect with individuals and organizations
at the national level working to expand the civic space.
● You demonstrate skills to mobilise solidarity networks.
● Demonstrates understanding and experience creating strategies and setting a vision.
● Demonstrates experience and knowledge for community or team building.
● Follows the principles of listening, honest feedback, and positive affirmations.
● Fighting for justice and social inclusion is the reason why you wake up in the morning.
● Loves taking initiative, interacting with new people, searching for answers to difficult
questions, and asking critical questions.
● Demonstrates a commitment to CIVICUS principles and values and respects its code of
WHICH ARE THE PERKS OF BEING AN AMBASSADOR?
● Being recognized as part of an international community with some of the most
inspiring young activists in the world.
● Gain experience working in a global environment, while leading projects with
people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
● Get the opportunity to showcase your activism work, achievements, and
experience with youth all across the world.
● Enhance your networks, learn from global leaders and benefit from peer-to-peer
● Represent your country at the international level and get a kick-start for your
international activism engagement.
● Improve the work you do in your local community through the incorporation of
diverse global perspectives.
Deadline: October 30, 2021