The Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) is inviting applications from individuals and organizations whose initiatives showcase and elevate the role of existing and emerging Africa philanthropy models in people-owned development and responding to African agency.
Specific activities can include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Production of stories aimed at understanding the potential role of African giving models. The use of the framework for considering African philanthropic models: one to one, one to many, many to one, many to many, is highly encouraged.
- Showcase individual and or community philanthropy organizations that seek to mobilize domestic resources and foster the growth of individual philanthropy for social change.
- Documentation of initiatives and new strategies for resource mobilization, other alternative funding, community-led development, etc.
- Showcase initiatives towards gender equality and social inclusion targeting women, youth, and other marginalized population groups.
- Toolkit, art, and messages that create dialogue and cultivates the African culture of giving for social and systems change.
Prize: USD 500 – 10,000
Deadline: Available on a rolling basis