Applications are invited for African Union, African Youth Ambassadors for Peace program.
As part of the efforts to advance the Youth, Peace and Security (YPS) agenda of the African Union (AU), the Peace and Security Department (now the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department, PAPS), launched the Youth for Peace (Africa) Program (Y4P) in September 2018, with the primary objective of facilitating the meaningful participation of African youth in all spectrum of peace and security and dissuading their participation in violence.
Criteria and qualifications
An African Youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security. Applications from eligible youth, including young women, displaced persons and persons with disabilities who meet the following criteria are particularly encouraged:
• Be between the ages of 15 to 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age;
• Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an added advantage; or, have at least 2 years’ experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization;
• Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes, especially in initiating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues and mediation efforts;
• Have a strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works;
• Possess strong communication and advocacy skills;
• English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
Program Fee: FREE
Deadline: September 30, 2021