The Advancing Gender Equality through support to Women’s Rights Organisations and Movements is a new programme comprised of 3 components:
- Strengthening the effectiveness and sustainability of WROs and movements through the provision of core, flexible, multi-year funding and capacity-building support
- Supporting grassroots women’s attendance and meaningful participation at national, regional and international meetings
- Supporting the production and dissemination of policy-relevant products that reflect the priorities and knowledge of women and girls at the grassroots.
The last 2 points are the focus of this Call for Bids.
These components will seek to amplify diverse grassroots women’s and girls’ voices in donor, national government and international policy making. They will do this by:
- funding and facilitating WROs, activists, women peacebuilders and women human rights defenders’ attendance and advance support at key national, regional and international meetings
- facilitating more informed policy development by better capturing, synthesizing and feeding back learning and evidence from grassroots WROs and movements
This Call for Bids will be awarded under an Accountable Grant Agreement. The lead Supply Partner must be a registered charity (in any country, not solely UK) to apply.
Grant size: £4.68 million
Deadline: September 30, 2022