The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards recognize and support extraordinary individuals around the world for their work to end extreme poverty. Presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, with additional support from US and Australia-based cellular medicines company Mesoblast, the 2022 awards will distribute $200,000 among three exceptional changemakers.
Eligibility: All applicants will be judged upon their ability to excel in five key areas: global citizenship, proof of concept, disruption, scalability, and adaptability.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve the applicant’s work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
Grant Size: $200,000
Deadline: May 29, 2022