The European Commission (EC) is pleased to announce a Call for Proposals to Strengthening Global CSO Umbrella Organisations to conclude a new generation of Financial Framework Partnership Agreements (FFPA) with Civil Society umbrella organisations under the new financial period.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen a limited number of representative, membership-based, and actor-based global Civil Society umbrella organisations as leader and coordinator of a wider group of like-minded CSOs in order to maximize the effectiveness of their work as independent actors of good governance and development in their own right and as contributors to policy-making, including within multilateral and multi-stakeholders arenas.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- To strengthen the capacities of CSO umbrella organisations for coordinated actions at global and regional levels;
- To reinforce the capacities of CSO umbrella organisations to effectively represent and be more accountable to their constituencies at global, regional, and/or national levels;
- To reinforce the capacities of the members of the CSO umbrella organisations to be actors of good governance in their own right;
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- Be a legal person and
- Be non-profit-making and
- Be a representative, actor-based, membership-based global umbrella organisation2526 of civil society organisations
Be established in
- Member States, beneficiaries listed in the relevant Annex to the IPA III Regulation and contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area;
- Neighbourhood partner countries;
- Developing countries and territories, as included in the list of ODA recipients published by the OECD Development Assistance Committee, which are not members of the G-20 group, and overseas countries and territories;
- Developing countries, as included in the list of ODA recipients, which are members of the G-20 group, and other countries and territories, when the relevant procedure takes place in the context of an action financed by the Union under the Instrument in which they participate;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the Strategic Plan and of any grant that might be financed under the Framework Partnership Agreement with the coapplicant(s) and members/affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Under this call for proposals, International Organisations are not eligible.
Grant size: 56,000,000 (EUR)
Deadline: February 27, 2023