This grant call-out by Africa No Filter wants to contribute to an increase in African female storytellers and content creators and to give space to voices that are historically misrepresented and underrepresented across the continent.
Journalists, bloggers, vloggers, content creators, podcasters can apply for Project Support grants worth up to $10,000 while organisations can apply for Operational Support and Capacity-Building grants of up to $25,000.
All applicants should have a track record of creating work that challenges stereotypical narratives of Africa through innovative, creative and compelling storytelling. They should also be involved in at least one of the following:
- Disrupting and challenging harmful and stereotypical narratives and shape new narratives about and within the continent.
- Leveraging pop culture as an opportunity for powerful storytelling.
- Training and building the capacity of female journalists or content creators.
- Amplifying creativity and innovation within the continent.
- Using data driven insights and analysis to shed light on transformations taking place within the continent.
Grant size: USD 10,000 – 25,000
Deadline: 11 April 2022